[FC] front bushings

Jim Davis jld at wk.net
Fri Jul 5 13:11:32 EDT 2013

Totally agree.  Start a day early and use rust penetrate on the four
nuts that hold the front cross member into position and the brake line
fittings.  Use 1/2" all thread rod and suitable adapters, in place of
the shocks, to take the tension off the "A" arms while you take the
spindles off the ball joints.   Air tools make the disassemble much
easier.   Plan on using a quart of POR-15 to secure the rust and $250 on
ball joints and bushings.  You might check the hidden sequence number
(under the left side cross member on the left frame rail) with the door
plate to make sure they match.  Mine didn't.
Jim Davis