[FC] Charlies clutch cable

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Tue Jul 9 12:12:18 EDT 2013

Charlie's clutch cable is in a '61 like mine, and he has run into the same thing I ran into few years ago. GM built a small  hanging lever ( maybe 6 inches long of flat bar stock)  that the cable - clevis attaches to about halfway between the top of that lever and the bottom low point where the clutch rod attaches. The farther up the lever the cable is attached,  the longer the arc that the end of the lever makes in its swing, and the greater the length of "pull" the action makes. The cable does not attach directly to the clutch rod but uses that lever to gain more travel.  Interesting engineering!! It only took me about 10 trips "out and under" to get this right.Tim W