[FC] Clutch Linkage Help Needed

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Mon Jul 8 22:30:36 EDT 2013

Hi Charlie,

Simple things first... thinking you could have wrong or substituted parts
over the years.
First, original cable or new and same length? Routed correctly from under
dash to rear? Clarks would know length and it may be in the P&A 30, but mine
isn't handy.
2. I recall, but am not sure, the FC clutch rods were heavier and maybe
longer than car clutch rods. Have you measured yours or gotten lengths from
someone? I could be thinking of LM rods vs. early, but worth checking.
3. The U-shaped clevis are right, etc.? Nut is threaded all the way out - I
know, obvious, but....
4.  Is the clutch fork properly in the throw-out brg groove with little ears
in right place?

That kind of thing.  Other than some odd ball piece, I cannot think of what
it could be. But then again, I haven't gotten under mine to start
restoration and memory is a fragile thing...

Pls let us know what you find.

Chuck S
Fredericksburg, VA