[FC] 64 leaf spring on FC

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Thu Jul 11 19:13:23 EDT 2013

Hello Jimmy,

I have been working on a similar idea; to make a camber compensator for
the FC.  It would operate somewhat differently than the '64 car leaf
spring in that it would not support any weight or reduce rear roll
stiffness (something to avoid with a high CG FC) but instead produce a
reduced spring rate as the A-arms extend down from a static load
position. It is designed to prevent the jacking effect more than
anything else.  Some points to consider:

1) The '64 car leaf spring is too short.
2) Some sort of attachment brackets must be fabricated for the ends of
the FC A-arms.
3) You need a '64 type differential or a custom bracket to fit a '65
differential.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI