[FC] Stock size tire options for my '64 Rampside

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Sat Jul 13 13:37:45 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

At long last I am taking the plunge and starting a full restoration of my
'64 Rampside:

http://www.corvairkid.com/4R124S111819.htm

Duane Wentlandt in Oregon City, OR is doing most of the heavy lifting, with
me playing my usual role of research and parts gathering. Our intent is to
have it done by the 2014 convention in nearby (to me) Tacoma. I plan to
drive this truck, so we're not going overboard.

In the 14 years I have owned this truck, I have run the non-stock aluminum
wheels that came on it. I am going to go back to stock rims. I saved a post
by Rad Davis from way back in 2006, where he said the metric conversion of
the stock tire was 195-80/14 or maybe 195-75/14. Is that tire size available
these days in a radial tire? I'm interested in knowing what people are
running on stock rims these days. Size, manufacturer.

I will be using reproduction chromed dog dish hubcaps since the truck came
from the factory with the Custom Chrome option (RPO V37), so I am looking
for whitewall (15/16") tires.

By the way, in case you were wondering, a '64 Rampside equipped with the
Custom Equipment (aka "deluxe") trim option (RPO Z60), did NOT have chromed
bumpers or hub caps. Those items came as part of RPO Z60 for Greenbriers
only in '64. On a Rampside or Corvan in '64, you had to order RPO V37 to get
the chromed bumpers and hubcaps. More info on this is here on my site:

http://www.corvairkid.com/64fcopts.htm

Thanks,

--Kent