[FC] Stock size tire options for my '64 Rampside

Bruce Gwyther vairman at q.com
Mon Jul 15 01:58:38 EDT 2013

Hello All,
    I have owned and driven FC's for over 30 years and I have found that the
best tires are 205-75r14. I have used them on stock rims, early Camaro rally
rims, and early Olds rally's with eaqual good results!!  The Olds rims DO
NOT hit the tie rods (the quite similiar Chev wheels will hit and must use
spacers).  I find the speedo is most acurate with this setup!!  The 205's
also have a higher load rating than 185's or 195's.....
                                     Bruce
                                     Bonneville Corvair Club of Utah
                                     '61 Rampside (wife's), '62 Rampside,
'65 Corsa convert,
                                     '63 Greenbrier stretch limo, '61
Lakewood, '65 Greenbrier 8-dr, '65 Greenbrier 6-dr,
                                     '61 Rampside (for parts), '62 Corvan
Camper (for parts),
                                     '84 Eldorado Baritz (wife's), '51 John
Deere A tractor,