[FC] Differential

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Thu May 23 09:58:39 EDT 2013

Thanks to all for the helpful hints on this differential job, and the speedo gear replacement. I am at my optical job now but hope to get after the diff  some more this weekend.  My son in law has access to a parts - cleaning machine where I can scrub up the empty case now.  I made an observation as I took the thing apart. I note that this particular diff has some of the old gear -lube inside in various places that has become a solid. It seems almost to have become a carbon - like material from the many years. The other units I have done ( late model stick - shift)  this grease was still a goopy liquid, and had not solidified.TimW