[FC] 1961 8-door Panel Van - Salt Lake City area

Michael Henrie m.henrie at email.com
Mon Oct 21 15:44:48 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I purchased a 61 panel van a while back with the agreement that a friend of mine who has a very complete shop at his home would be assisting in the work needed to get it running. We rebuilt and installed new carbs and now the only things standing between having her running are installing new coil springs and either a clutch adjustment or repair. The previous owner lowered the van to the point where it's undrivable by cutting the springs down way too far and the clutch is engaging right at the top of the pedal.

Without the use of his resources and knowledge to do it myself I'm in a position where I need to ask if there is anyone in the SLC area that might be able to take a look at the project and see if it's feasible to continue and how much it will cost to make the van drivable. If it's not feasible, I'll probably be listing it for sale. If there's any Corvair fan out there that might be willing to help me out, please let me know.

Thanks.