[FC] load floor color

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Mon Mar 10 13:24:33 EDT 2014

The interior FLOOR of all Greenbriers and Corvans, and the load floor of
all Rampsides and Loadsides, were all painted the same shade of dark
gray in all years.

The only exception to this was Greenbriers with the deluxe interior
option, in which case the interior floors were color-matched to the
interior walls, which in turn were color-matched to the interior choice.

So, other than the color-matched floors in the deluxe Greenbriers, ALL
Corvair FCs, in ALL years, had dark gray floors.

As most of us know, the interiors of most FCs and the load floors of
virtually every Rampside and Loadside have been repainted over the
years, so the original configuration is beginning to be lost. But, I say
with fanatical conviction, what I have described above is correct.

This includes the fact that Rampsides and Loadsides had that same dark
gray on their load floors, regardless of body color.  The side walls of
the loadbeds were body color, but the floors, and the loading surface of
the rampgate, were that dark gray.

Now, as to the original question:  Some years ago I restored a
Greenbrier and had no difficulty finding the paint code for that dark
gray... but that was over 25 years ago and so at the moment I do not
remember where I found the information.