[FC] Springs for "working" Rampside

Bill & Chris Strickland lechevrier at q.com
Mon May 11 00:04:39 EDT 2015

Opinions?  Yeah, we all have them. And Face Book i=s teaching us how to
"share".

So hear are mine (spell checker won't get that one) --

Doc is being rather conservative and cautious.  And not all FC's are
quiet. Get a 95 van and you will wish it was a rampy, or maybe you'll go
deaf first with the engine inside with you, like a wagon. Yes, Corvans
are FC's!

Did you know you can haul a full ton of alfalfa bales inside a Corvan?
Yup, sure can, no problems!
Or fifteen head of goats (well that is a bit crowded) (15 x 150# ave
wt), let me do the math for you, 2,250 pounds, plus tack, a driver, and
a goatkeeper.

We had a couple different 164 inch motors in this rig, four speed, 3.55,
and 14 inch tires -- drove it everywhere this side of (let's see, what
is just east of Texas? Louisiana?), this side is west. Mostly at speeds
over the legal limit.  The only problems were those pesky fan belts of
Back Then, and having your load setting on the engine cover.

These days, make your best guess as to the best rear wheel bearing
option, and put four new ones on four axles (two to use, two spares to
carry),  like the Whalers do, and Go For It!

Actually, since most folk here don't really use their FC's anymore for
much besides show, the best place to ask this question is on an UltraVan
list.

MO,

Bill Strickland