[FC] Squeaking like the old girl she is

Fred Adler fadler at genbio.com
Thu Apr 4 12:16:26 EDT 2019

Well, my 1961 Rampside sat a lot of the winter and now when I drive her she squeaks like crazy behind the cab when I go over those beloved speed bump or over any bumpy thing like the driveway entrance.   If I push down in her from outside the shock seem OK because they damp out immediately upon bouncing.   The squeak is not as evident when trying to simulate it by pushing down on the bed.  Any good ideas?  Is there just some rubber somewhere under her that is doing it?  Can I just get underneath and spray it with silicon or rubber rejuvenator  (like 3M or GummiPflege) or is it a replacement part?

I am looking for the lazy man's out.

Thanks,

Fred E. Adler
fadler at genbio.com