[FC] Squeaking

roboman91324 at aol.com roboman91324 at aol.com
Fri Apr 5 12:48:28 EDT 2019

Fred,
Get a partner in crime and have one of you crawl under the vehicle while the other bounces it.  You did say that there was diminished sound in that circumstance.  Obviously, be sure no parts of your anatomy will make contact due to the minimal travel.  You can do this both front and back because sometimes sounds seem like they are coming from somewhere other than where they really originate.
If the squeak lasts the full duration of the vehicle's bounce, it could be a ball joint or control arm bushings.  A penetrating oil such as you suggested would help with the bushings.  If there are grease fittings on the ball joints, give them a shot.