[FC] FC elec fuel pump mounting

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Wed Aug 3 19:17:16 EDT 2022

You have found that people mount them anywhere they want. I do NOT ever mount an electric pump to the body, the body becomes a large speaker cone. I connected mine as close to the gas tank as I could. I think I even extended the rubber hose by a few inches. I then connected to the steel line but I did not mount the pump to anything! I let the pump hang on the short rubber line and the long rubber line from the tank. I had the old vibrator type pump and only on initial key on could I just hear the clicking but then I could tell when the gas bowls filled up. After the engine started I could not hear the pump at all.It is not hard to do an in tank pump, the plans have been published on how to do that for a car. Even still you will hear the pump! You are sitting on it.

Ken Hand
Handy Car Care
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com

For those that have fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.