[SCG] RE: [Corsabod] SCG - ASCE at Buffalo Convention - Proposal PLEASE READ

Pleau, Dennis E dennis.e.pleau at intel.com
Wed Nov 30 11:01:36 EST 2005

I think it is a good compromise.

Dennis

________________________________

From: corsabod-bounces at tiger.skiblack.com
[mailto:corsabod-bounces at tiger.skiblack.com] On Behalf Of Bill Hubbell
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 8:55 AM
To: Harry Jensen; CORSA/CPF BoD; scg-list at tiger.skiblack.com; Chuck
Facklam
Subject: [Corsabod] SCG - ASCE at Buffalo Convention - Proposal PLEASE
READ

Alright.  I have taken several deep breaths to clear my head and let out
all the bad air.  I am going to TRY to settle this whole mess down.  The
only comment I will make is that it could have been handled better.

Here are the facts.

1)  SCG Bylaws do indeed state that "as much as possible" the SCG Annual
meeting will be held concurrent with the Annual Stock Corvair Event",
and it was always my intent that we do so, in order to minimize the
impact on the convention schedule and in order to focus our
concentration.

2) The SCG business meeting is really not what this is all about.  We
can take care of business in five minutes if we have to.  We want the
ASCE.

3) The SCG has no right to impose anything on CORSA other than the right
to hold a business meeting at the convention (granted in the Chapter
Plan).

4) It was always the intent of the SCG to take full responsibility for
putting on the ASCE.

5) I believe that while proper CORSA procedures were followed by myself,
members of the Buffalo host clubs, and other SCG members in placing the
ACSCE  into the convention schedule, we DID LOSE SIGHT of the fact that
we were commandeering a larger block of time by splitting the business
meeting from the ASCE, and the fact that our own (SCG) Bylaws discourage
such action.

6) The SCG does not want to detract from CORSA or the Buffalo
convention.

7) There IS a block of time on the Thursday schedule, (3:30-5pm)
allotted to the SCG.

8) That block of time COULD be stretched to as late as 7:30 IF the SCG
members want to forgo dinner (or maybe order in Pizzas?)

9) This is a start-up year for the ASCE - we really don't know exactly
how it will work until we do it.

10) We would LIKE to do this with CORSA's blessing and cooperation, but
we do not NEED it to hold the ASCE.

11) We would LIKE to have the ASCE listed as an event in the schedule
and on the reservation form (it would greatly help our planning of the
ASCE if we know in advance how many cars to expect)

THEREFORE, I propose that we agree to the following:

SCG will plan to meet on Thursday at 3:30pm, conduct a quick business
meeting and move directly into the ASCE.  We will decide on an
individual basis whether to continue beyond the 5 pm scheduled ending.

IN RETURN, Would CORSA give its blessing to our effort and allow the
host club to list the ASCE in the program and to include a spot on the
registration form for it?  (And PLEASE, if any CORSA Board members or
Administrative staff have any questions about what the ASCE is all
about, PLEASE read the document before answering).

Respectfully submitted,

Bill Hubbell

SCG President

CORSA Eastern Director.