[SCG] FYI - Production Line Had Priority

WillSmithIndoorPS smith at indoorps.com
Wed May 10 12:21:04 EDT 2006

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 20:19:32 -0700
From: chevrobilia at juno.com
Subject: Re: [SCG] Battery hold down washers

Hi,
Yes, most plants had runners who would make emergency trips to auto &
hardware wholesalers, and even hardware stores for something like mundane
washers. So did Willow Run. ANYTHING to avoid stopping the line... Dave
In '57 I worked for a Body Shop owner who had been the first Body Shop
Foreman at the B-O-P Assy Plant in Arlington, TX in '54 when it opened. He
said one day he was instructed to remove the A-Pillar from certain cars in
the shipping lot because the line supply was gone and they needed to keep
the line running so he sent a crew to the lot with torches and the pillars
were removed for re-use. I wasn't there but he never gave me any reason to
disbelieve him.

Will Smith
Allen, TX