[SCG] Fw: Stock question

Bill Hubbell wjhubbell at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 14 19:21:11 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: Wrsssatty at aol.com
To: whubbell at umich.edu ; kentsu at corvairkid.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 5:22 PM
Subject: Stock question

Should my '63 Monza have an oil filler cap that says merely; "Oil"

or one that says "Do Not Overfill?"

larry claypool says he thinks there was a transition from "Oil" to "Do Not Overfill" during the course of the '63 model year but he's not sure if so, and when.

Here are my car's stats:

engine manufacture date is 5/20/63
assembled 3rd wk. of June (i.e. 6/17/63 - 6/21/63)

Currently it says; "Do Not Overfill"  but God knows if that's original to the car!

Any thoughts?  Anyone else out there whom we should ask?

Thanks!

~Bill Stanley