[SCG] Stock question - oil caps

stan east sgeast at interlog.com
Tue Nov 14 22:03:25 EST 2006

It appears there were 3 part numbers for the car oil filler cap assembly.

3788228 used in 60 and 61

3795315 used in perhaps some part of 61? and  then 62 and part of 63?

3849800 used some time in 63? and on

I have the Chevrolet Parts History from January 1 1965 on to December 1 1973
but these part numbers all appear to have been removed or superseded before
that date. Does anyone have the Chevrolet parts history for 1959 to December
31, 1964? Information from that parts history would tell us the date
Chevrolet implement the paperwork change even if the line change came days
or weeks later depending on paperwork flow and inventory. Another source
would be NOS in known good parts boxes?

Stan East

  _____