[SCG] Canadian Spyder Ignition Coil

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Sun Oct 29 18:44:11 EST 2006

Hi all,

That was me who was asking. :-) From the research Bob Helt and I have done
(with help from many of you), 1115135 was definitely the standard coil for
1960-64 Corvairs, Canadian and U.S. We expect Canadian Spyders to have the
same coil as U.S. Spyders, which is 1115172. However, only 936 Spyders were
built in Canada, in '63 and '64; none in '62, so it's been hard to get
enough original Canadian Spyders to see one way or the other.

If we could find just one Canadian 1115172 that would put the issue to rest,
because it would have been used only on Spyders. Late model Corvairs all use
1115200, turbo or otherwise.

Dave, please pass on the date code from your 1115135. Should be stamped at a
90-degree angle from the embossed part number. Smaller font. A number, a
letter, and one or two more numbers.

Thanks!

  _____