[SCG] SCG Annual meeting highlights

whubbell at cox.net whubbell at cox.net
Wed Jul 25 21:19:10 EDT 2007

The Stock Corvair Group annual meeting was held from 6pm-7pm today at the host hotel of the CORSA International convention.

Highlights of the meeting:

About 30 members were in attendance at the meeting

Eight new members joined the group:
Chuck Facklam
Don Buchanan
Ron Arndt
Bob McShane
Jeff Stonesifer
Pete Cimbala
Allan & Monika Augustine

This brings the current SCG membership total to 119.

- Report was given of the 2nd Annual Stock Corvair Event (ASCE) - 7 cars ranging from 1961 though 1969 were in attendance.  We agreed that we need to get the word out to more members that this is an informational event.  It seemed to work out reasonably well to stage it at same time as Concours classification except for some SCG members being tied up helping out in Concours.

- Current officers were re-elected:

President: Bill Hubbell <whubbell at umich.edu>
Vice-President: Stan East <sgeast at interlog.com>
Secretary-Treasurer: Mark Corbin <airvair at earthlink.net>
Historian: Bill Chellis <chelvis at camano.net>
Newsletter Editor: Bill Hubbell <whubbell at umich.edu>

We had a discussion about the need for dues:

1)  Several of us have spent money out of our own pockets for club purposes
--I had to purchase a PDF printer driver to convert newsletter file to PDF for ease of posting and printing,
--Several hard copy B&W newsletters and a limited number of color editions were printed for the convention to promote SCG etc.
--ASCE evaluation forms need to be printed in advance, before we know how many people will attend.

2) Web Site: http://members.cox.net/stock_corvair_group/  is just a temporary website Bill Hubbell posted and placed on his own personally paid for web site until Marissa Andolino (mandolin at rochester.rr.com)  can develop more permanent site.  We can get free server space for website on CORSA server, but we need to spend a nominal amount of money on software upgrade to design website and integrate with proposed database.  It is necessary to put some thought into design of website to meet current and future needs to access member content (newsletters, etc.), research - database, photos, etc.  Members are encouraged to e-mail Marissa with ideas for content and/or design they may wish to see on club web site.

3) Marissa Andolino gave a report concerning development of our database.  Although we can get much of the software we need for little or no money, we do need to be thinking forward to time when database may be used to create print manuals, per our Bylaws.  At present time, we would need to spend at least $200 to get software upgrade needed for website and database integration.

**MOTION: made and seconded to access SCG members $10 dues, payable at time of annual meeting  - motion passed.  Dues will be used to help purchase necessary software for database and for administrative expenses.  Members are to send dues payable to:

Mark Corbin, Treasurer
5474 SR 19
Galion, OH 44833

All members are encouraged to let newsletter editor/President Bill Hubbell know what topics of interest they would like to see discussed/researched/etc.  Topic list will be included in future newsletter

We discussed planning for 2008 meeting (Los Angeles) and 2009 (Jacksonville) - local chairs are needed for ASCE planning - please contact Bill Hubbell if able to help.

Mark Corbin gave a report of a spreadsheet he has developed for all the exterior paint and interior trim colors that were available on Corvairs.

Kent Sullivan gave a brief report on his stock Battery and Battery cable research

Respectfully submitted,

Bill Hubbell, SCG president

(note: I know it is really the duty of the club secretary, Mark Corbin, to submit the minutes, but he is doing triple duty tonight as he also is president of Air Vairs which met after the SCG, and then he had duties to attend with The 1969 Group)