Computer documentation, was: [SCG] Call for materials - Club inventory

Mike R Downey modquad at juno.com
Wed May 2 18:27:27 EDT 2007

One thing I wish that I did have is a document listing undercarriage
parts, with the correct factory finish.  Has anyone ever done this for
Corvair broken down by year and final assembly location?  Seems like we
would not need to start from scratch as summaries for Camaro and Vette
must certainly already exist.

Components: Including bolts, cast housings: steering box/trans/diff, tie
rods, axles, forgings, brake backing plates, springs, etc

Finishes:

- If painted: color and %flat, how applied (dip or spray)
- If natural/mill finish: a description and example photos (as cast dull
grey, as forged black, as stamped silver, etc)
- Bolts: silver cad, yellow cad, phosphate/oil, etc
- Paint daub colors and locations
- Etc.

Mike