[SCG] Seat identification

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Sun Apr 13 11:20:25 EDT 2008

Hi,

I just got back from my second trip to Switzerland for Corvair research.
This time I focused on Swiss-built cars owned by Jean-Philippe Bran near
Geneva. In addition to the 3 Swiss-built cars he owns, he is restoring a
US-built Corsa convertible. Attached is a photo of the seats as he received
them in car several years ago. The upholstery looks like stock '66 Corvair.
The seat frames and mechanism look quite different though-note the black
lever that releases the back. Any idea what they might be from? Would have
to be some sort of GM product from the same era, right? Note that the seat
backs fold back flat in addition to forward.

Thanks,

--Kent

P.S. If any of you could help J-P obtain a couple of parts for his
restoration, please let me know. He needs a good used LM convertible top
motor. The car had a power top from the factory and most of the parts are
there but not the motor. He also needs a really nice used or NOS '66 Corsa
stainless trim piece for the rear air outlet grille. I'd sure like to help
him acquire these. He's doing amazing work in circumstances much more
difficult than ours here in North America. It was truly inspiring to see
someone so Corvair-crazy so far away from here! And he's a relatively young
guy too (mid-thirties).