[SCG] 1967 hazard flasher knobs

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Sat Feb 9 12:57:31 EST 2008

Hi folks,

Quick update on this research: It sure looks like the changeover date from
the long to short knob for Corvettes and Corvairs is the same: first of
April, plus or minus. The last long knob Corvair I have been able to find
had its body built the fourth week of March (03D) with VIN ending in serial
#121402. The first short knob Corvair I have been able to find had its body
built the third week of April (04C) with VIN ending in serial #122758.

Somewhere in that 1356 cars is where the changeover occurred. It wouldn't
surprise me if it was planned for the beginning of April and might have
happened then cleanly--or maybe not, if old stock was used up. (Depends on
whether Chevy felt the longer knob was a safety issue, I suppose.)

The Corvette guys tracked down the changeover date long ago. The info is in
the NCRS judging manual for 1967.

Can anyone think of someone who might have a '67 Corvair that's not already
responded to my query, especially if it's within the "missing" segment?

Thanks.