[SCG] Regal=Bolero?

noahsarkinc noahsarkinc at earthlink.net
Tue May 27 17:32:11 EDT 2008

GM also had a habit of using the same paint name and code only to change the
actual color from year to year.  I have a 1978 Cadillac that is Cottillian
White, and when the paint was mixed, they went to the first Cottillian White
mixing formula.  That was in 1971.  It was much brighter white than the
Cottilian White for 1978, which had a yellow cast to it.  It is best when
giving the paint mixer the paint code, to also tell them what the year make
and model of car it is being used on.  Many of the old colors are no longer
able to be mixed since some of the tints are no longer available.  I know
that Cal Clark had a very difficult time matching the color of his 1957
Chevrolet for this very same reason.  I believe that it took over a dozen
tries just to get the color & shade correct.  When I had my 1962 Corvair
Monza painted, the Honduras Maroon crossed over to a Toyota color that was
still in production.  What we think should be black and white, isn't always
black or white, but one of many shades inbetween... Paul in CT