[SCG] Mandatory car radios in Mass.? Was: Multiplex/antenna

Paul Steinberg noahsarkinc at earthlink.net
Wed May 20 19:43:56 EDT 2009

You might have a plenty of time, but suffice it to say at my advanced age, I don't.  Too tired to go into the complete story, however, MA felt that it was necessary that all cars had the Civil Defense channel available in the event of an emergency.  The dealers tried to have this requirement removed in the 1980's when AM / FM radios became more prevalent, and many people wanted to order cars without radios so they could put a non factory radio in, without paying for the factory radio.  Don't remember if it passed or not.  This is Kennedy country, where government knows what is best for you...
Paul in CT, formerly MA, formerly NH, Formerly, FL, Formerly, NJ and lots of places inbetween..