[SCG] 64 changes.

4carbcorvair 4carbcorvair at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 18:30:36 EDT 2009

Hi all. Discussion was started on Corvair Center regarding vents in 64 model
trunks. Than discussion of Bill Hubbell's requests of 64 models. I have some
of the oddities and was wondering which were early, mid or late 64 run
changes or any other info.

1. First is my Fisher Body tag. Apparently part of the build date number is
missing, may be a 5th week of October build. Next on the tag is the 'Paint'
and 'Trim' seem to be in the same location as a LM, vs in the middle as I
have seen on other EM's. Last on the tag is the 'E' on the opposite side of
the tag after the ACC line.

2. When was the vent on the passanger side of the trunk not used? Any ryme
or reason for this change?

3. Trunk lids. Some have push in 'CORVAIR' script, the replacement lid I
have has the type with nuts, holes on the bottom side of the lid to access
the nuts.

4. Engine lid. Some have 8 drain holes, others have 2. Which was early
production? Which was late? Why the change:

5. Engine lid seal. Why was a short one used than larger? When was the
change?

I have pics of both styles engine and trunk lids.

Thank you for ANY input on these changes.

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j233/4carbcorvair/64%20Spyder/?action=view&current=100_0447.jpg

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j233/4carbcorvair/64%20Spyder/?action=view&current=100_0504.jpg

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j233/4carbcorvair/64%20Spyder/?action=view&current=100_0503.jpg

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j233/4carbcorvair/64%20Spyder/?action=view&current=100_0502.jpg