[SCG] [Corsabod] Factory Stock Corvair Entries and Stock PreservationAward history in CORSA Concours 1997-2009

dal daluckow at aol.com
Thu Sep 17 20:09:06 EDT 2009

Mr. Pinard,

My first belief is how the Convention is advertised and promoted in whether the attendance number climbs or falls, whether it is in Concours or any other Corsa event.  Either folks will go or not go, according to their budget, distance and the menu that is presented in advance.  Second, is the feeling of the overall economy and how this effects Corsa members.  Has a survey ever been conducted?  Perhaps this would be something you could think about?

I have to warn you, if you can not see it now, that our economy will not be improving contrary to what the news and puppet talkers may convey.  This becomes a challenge to all the board in putting their minds to work.  The concours participation has nothing to do with our recent class deletions or how stock the Corvair is.    Just today I spoke with Bob Dunahugh about the Concours layout in the flower gardens for 2010.  This is my third time communicating about the venue with Bob.  He is organized and could be the spark Corsa's needs to promote attendance and bring up Concours numbers.  Being centrally located in the US is also a big plus besides it is the 50th anniversary.  The board must have a marketing plan and promote it.  Bob's ideas appear to be sound and ahead of schedule which is what is needed for a successful convention.

Changing the Concours rules should not bring more or less numbers for participation.  Corsa members are either interested in the Concours participation or are not, depending on how much time and effort they want to put into it.  There are too many variables that the Corsa board has no control over.  It is just that simple.  I have been a Corsa member since 1993 and have attended every national convention and judged in all units.  That's what I like to do and will continue to do with the support of the board and my team helpers of Larry Claypool and Don Wagner, plus several others behind the scene who have the same commitment I do in making the Concours the best it can be.

The bottom line is, I have a job to do, let's not get so technical with Robert's Rule of orders that nothing gets done.  Remember this is a volunteer position and many who take on any position in regards to Corsa should be recognized and thanked.  We must all work together for the benefit of Corsa.

I hope you share my philosophy.

Sincerely,

Duanne Luckow

PS.   Comments below in red.