[SCG] [Corsabod] Factory Stock Corvair Entries and Stock PreservationAward history in CORSA Concours 1997-2009

Jack Pinard corvairjack at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 16 15:23:23 EDT 2009

Mr. Luckow -

Thank you for your service and your personal comments. I would be interested in any plan you can submit that has as its goal a major increase in concours participation. I hope that as concours chair you are not satisfied with the numbers from recent conventions. (45,38,57,60)

If your statement was a decision made by the concours committee as a whole, please provide minutes of the meeting.

The board of directors has a responsibility to all CORSA members.

When many qualified opinions are sent to board by members concerning any event or committee the board has a responsibility to respectfully study and evaluate the topic.

The preferred procedure would be for board first to direct the appropriate committee to study all suggestions from members, evaluate and make recommendations for changes if any in a detailed report listing committee members participating and minutes of all meetings.

The board would then have a body of information for orderly study, discussion and decision by voting. As you know, discussions are held after motions are made, not before.

If the committee does not comply with board direction, there are several other procedures available to board.

However for the board to fail to discuss comments from members is a serious breach of democratic rule as specific in CORSA governing documents and would be a public relations disaster at a time when the board is attempting to restore confidence by improving participation of all CORSA activities - including concours.

The president does not have sole responsibility or authority to decide whether member comments are given consideration by board.

And the president does not have authority to restrict board to place a topic on the agenda of meetings.

If president refuses to honor a directors request to place a topic on agenda, the director may introduce as "New Business" or "Old Business".

President Mahler's email comment that "case is closed" does not comply with his duties as specified in governing documents and
is disrespectful to the other eleven members of the board of directors.

I believe that directors can "disagree without being disagreeable".

I hope that you share this philosophy.

Sincerely,

Jack Pinard

 Jack Pinard
CORSA Western Division Director

116 E Garden Green, Port Hueneme CA 93041-1926
Cell 805 340-6533