[SCG] Shocks, SCG-list Digest, Vol 48, Issue 24

Crawford Rose crawfordrose at msn.com
Sat Sep 26 13:52:48 EDT 2009

If you look long enough anything will come up on ebay!  The 64 shocks are
definitely a different number and, of course, the part number, delco part
number on the box and shock stamping numbers are not the same.  I don't have
my assembly manual handy but I checked that out last time a set of 63 delcos
came up on ebay like those on there now.  That is a correct replacement part
number, however. Be advised that one of those shocks is not a correct
corvair part because it has the open ends on the bottom. All corvair shocks
have the closed ends.
Crawford