[SCG] I.D. shock parts No.

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Fri Sep 25 14:16:48 EDT 2009

I need help in identifying a rear shock by GM parts number.  The parts
number is 3166566.

I was wondering what model year that was for (yes, there were different
parts numbers).  I have checked my '63 Assembly Manual and it  lists other
parts numbers for rear shocks that year, both for the stock and  the heavy duty
(RPO) rear shocks.  If anyone has access to an Assembly  Manual for '60,
'61, '62 or '64, could you please check and see if part number  is 3166566 is
the rear shock used on the assembly line for that year?

Thanks!

~Bill Stanley