[SCG] Late Model RH Outside Mirror

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 12 09:42:50 EDT 2010

Right hand mirrors were always a dealer-installed option. Supposedly the
right hand mirror is located at the same spot as the left hand. You could
take a template off the driver's side and transfer it over to the right
hand side. But check the location out first before drilling. You can always
move your template slightly rearward, should the vent post interfere with
the visual line of sight.

BUT one thing you have to watch out for is that the factory mirror has a
slight bend in the ball joint peg that's pressed into the stancion. Thus a
REAL factory driver's mirror won't be able to be swiveled over enough to
make it usable on the right side. The factory actually sold mirrors built
just for right hand installation because of that. I've seen aftermarket
repops, though, that seem to be able to be used on either side. Regardless,
just be careful about the mirror you get to mount on the car. It may not be
usable once mounted.

-Mark