[SCG] survivor cars

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 30 19:05:24 EDT 2011

All,

Found this website, which I thought may be interesting to our group:

http://www.survivorcollectorcar.com/

And from a referenced article at that site, a couple of quote from "Restore it? Or Not!" by David Burroughs:
"Today, people are becoming proud of it (an original car). A few character marks and patina have become badges of honor and certainly help document a car’s authenticity compared to a restored one. " "Although it may be a long time before the majority of collectors figure this out, a rapidly growing segment of the collector car market is beginning to realize the benefits, rarity, and prestige of owning these type cars. Once restored, there is one less." This as opposed to restored cars, of which there are plenty of examples,and growing all the time,it seems.
Also in the August issue of Hemmings that just came today, a great quote from the editor-in-chief, Richard Lentinello:

"In many cases, cars with their original paint - however faded and scratched that paint may appear - will command a far higher price because unrestored original cars are fast becoming the most desirable type of collector cars to own."

This bodes well for our stock and/or original cars, what ones are left.

-Mark