[SCG] Delco battery date stamp

Paul Steinberg noahsarkinc at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 18 14:46:06 EST 2011

Today, the battery posts come stamped on some brands, but back in the
1960's, they didn't.  The total diameter of the "tool" is 3 1/4", however,
there are 12 stamps on the one tool.  You line up the curved part of the
impression with the top of the post, and then strike the tool with a hammer,
making a impression on the top of the batty terminal post.  Each month, you
would use a different part of the tool to make the stamping.
Paul in CT