[SCG] Heater fan for late model A/C car - yellow dot?

William Garrison william.garrison1 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 13:21:25 EDT 2012

I was looking for the reason the heater didn't work on my 58,000 mile
'65 Monza 4-door with factory A/C and noticed the heater motor has a
large yellow dot on the center of the blower motor.  Did A/C cars use
a different blower motor?  If they did, it would make sense to make
them easy to identify.  I know they used a different resistor, so it
might make sense they would use a different blower motor.  However I
don't remember seeing a different part number for the blower motors
for A/C cars.  But, at least according to the shop manual, they were
planning to put a relay in for the high speed.  So did they use a
higher volume fan?

Regards,
Bill Garrison
Philadelphia Corvair Association