[SCG] Heater fan for late model A/C car - yellow dot?

sgeast at interlog.com sgeast at interlog.com
Sun Jul 15 13:42:28 EDT 2012

Yes there was a different heater motor, Group 8.855 65-67 Corvair w/CAC 5044595 vs. 4914906 for non CAC cars & the FC.
Stan East

From: William Garrison <william.garrison1 at gmail.com>
Sender: scg-list-bounces at tiger.skiblack.com
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 13:21:25
To: <SCG-list at tiger.skiblack.com>
Subject: [SCG] Heater fan for late model A/C car - yellow dot?

I was looking for the reason the heater didn't work on my 58,000 mile
'65 Monza 4-door with factory A/C and noticed the heater motor has a
large yellow dot on the center of the blower motor.  Did A/C cars use
a different blower motor?  If they did, it would make sense to make
them easy to identify.  I know they used a different resistor, so it
might make sense they would use a different blower motor.  However I
don't remember seeing a different part number for the blower motors
for A/C cars.  But, at least according to the shop manual, they were
planning to put a relay in for the high speed.  So did they use a
higher volume fan?

Regards,
Bill Garrison
Philadelphia Corvair Association
This message was sent by the SCG-list mailing list, all copyrights are the property
of the writer, please attribute properly. For help, mailto:scg-list-help at corvair.org