[SCG] speaker support housing - 1966 conververtible - mounting position?

66vairman at comcast.net 66vairman at comcast.net
Sat Sep 1 14:09:53 EDT 2012

Mark:

When I attended the Massachusetts convention, I spoke with an elderly gentlemen selling his 1966 Corsa convertible he bought new from the dealership. It was cameo beige, with fawn interior and beige top/frame.
His rear speaker was in the cardboard box (beige color box!) and mounted on the right rear top back side of the rear seat. The speaker was angled backward with the original 1966 pin dot grill cover, I believe this may be the proper mounting spot and not the well as you suggest. I will now open this discussion up to the stock corvair group. I assume its possible someone may have original mounting instructions for this very rare option in the convertible.

Tom