[SCG] placement of 102 decal on '62

wrsssatty at aol.com wrsssatty at aol.com
Mon Mar 18 12:12:53 EDT 2013

I saw a '62 700 on eBay and noted in the pic of the engine compartment that there's a decal indicating the 102 h.p. engine on the crossover intake tube between the air cleaners.  I thought the decal was supposed to go on the engine shroud.  I would imagine this is just a bit of restoration "creativity" but wanted to reach out for confirmation.  I suspect that the restorer was not a stickler for stock since this 700 has Monza upholstery and, of course, carpet.  Also, the crossed flag insignia is absent from the rear-deck lid so it probably didn't come from the factory with a 102.

~Bill Stanley

The listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Corvair-Model-700-1962-CHEVROLET-CORVAIR-/251247229403?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a7f8079db#v4-41

The pic (will probably be "scrubbed":