[SCG] window crank orientation

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Sat Aug 30 15:01:47 EDT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: J. R. Read
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:23 PM

Subject: [SCG] Window crank position

Where can I find info on correct window crank position - either at full up
or full down? Fronts and rears the same? 2 or 4 door different for fronts
and rears? I assume that left and right are different as well, but don't
know for certain.

Later, JR

OEM correct, or functionally correct?

I've had cars that tended to lower the window slightly unless the handle was oriented horizontal on the side that gravity would tend to pull the crank and close the window.

i believe some of those cars were likely Corvairs