[SCG] SCG Late model kick panel paint codes

eamsquared at comcast.net eamsquared at comcast.net
Sun Nov 2 15:44:04 EST 2014

Tom,

My guess is that your kick panels are original but may be faded on the exposed side.  It is my impression ( and that is all, I do not know) that GM probably impregnated the color into the plastic on the original panels.  As time went on, replacement panels were only available in black and had to be dyed the right color.  Perhaps Kent has information or an opinion on this.  I would also look into the difference between dying interior plastic parts vs painting them (if there is any).

Erich Meyer
Bayshore Corvair
Original Owner, '66 Monza 110 PG