[SCG] Fwd: Stock Corvair

William Hubbell wjhubbell at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 21:55:55 EDT 2017

Bill

Begin forwarded message:

From: Gary Baxter <morsa66 at outlook.com>
Date: April 16, 2017 at 5:56:16 PM EDT
To: "whubbell at umich.edu" <whubbell at umich.edu>
Subject: Stock Corvair

I am trying to determine the correct early '65 alternator brace.  I know there are two different ones, and one has a shorter top leg with a noticeable tool line at the upper bend.  The early one had no spacer, while in April '65 the brace was changed and a spacer added between the brace and alternator.  The second style brace was used from then on, but the spacer was gone by '68.  I do not know it was used in '67.   Can you shed any light on which brace is the early one?

Thanks,  Gary Baxter