[SCG] When did belt guards appear on 1964 Corvairs?

larry at vairshop.com larry at vairshop.com
Wed Sep 6 18:01:03 EDT 2017

hi Bill
as a starting point check the assembly manual and see what date is
listed for the guards. that doesn't mean they entered production then,
but it would *not* have entered production *before* then. rear refers
to one at idler pulley, and yes they are guides.

there may be a technical service bulletin that tells techs how to
adjust these, and it may note when they came into production. i'll
look when i get a chance, but it's not likely to be soon.
larry