[SCG] When did belt guards appear on 1964 Corvairs?

David Newell chevrobilia at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 6 22:27:05 EDT 2017

Bill,
Thanks for bringing up this interesting subject. I think you're right, Bill, in that the 3-27-64 Assy Manual note simply revised the existing drawing (which already showing the guards) and added a dimension to it. I don't have the previous pages in my book, sorry.

But I found TSB #982 which only went to the field and not to dealers: "Corvair and Corvair 95 Blower Belt Front and Rear Guides" dated 3-18-64. It states that "All Corvair Models produced after November 29, 1963, are eq