[SCG] Idler Pulley Bracket Attaching Hardware Questions

ERICH MEYER eamsquared at comcast.net
Sat Mar 9 13:34:54 EST 2019

Gentlemen,

I am the original owner of my '66 110 PG car.  May 1966 assembly date.  The motor has never been out of the car and the idler pulley has never been removed; only adjusted when the belt was replaced or tightened.

The pivot end of my bracket is fastened to the cast oil filter housing with a stud threaded into the housing.  The other end of the stud tightens the pivot using a nut and what appears to be a lock washer.  The slotted end is fastened against the housing again using a double ended stud also.  It is tightened using a large flat washer, lock washer, and nut.

Erich Meyer

Bayshore Corvair

CORSA Member since 1969