[V8Vairs] Engine Covers

Rick & Janet Norris v8vairs@corvair.org
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 20:09:19 -0400

Ryan,
My first thought was to make my engine cover out of fiberglass by first
making it out of cardboard, then glassing over it as a form. I too have
worked with glass and decided it was too messy so I went with building one
in place out of aluminum. I wanted it to have a lid for quick access for
service of cruise in's and a firewall that can be removed without much fuss
for greater engine access and removal. You would be surprised how many times
you will need both. I used Dyna-mat for sound deadening and double sided Hot
Rod insulation for heat. It works for me.

Rick Norris