[V8Vairs] Engine Covers

Frank F Parker v8vairs@corvair.org
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:03:27 -0400 (EDT)

> Hello all, been kinda quiet on here.  I am starting to think about enclosing
> the engine, and was wondering what to use to make it out of, fiberglass or
> steel.  I have access and experience with both, just wondering if I could keep
> the noise/heat out with the fiberglass, with proper insulation of course...I
> appreciate any thoughts or comments.  Thanks.

I am in same boat as u are as to what to use for a cover. Fiberglass gets
real heavy fast as would even thin steel. I was thinking of using a frame
of square alum tubing with aluminum foil covered foam panels with a type
of to be selected ceramic insulation. The panels would be covered with
some carbon fibre vinyl. Like u, otheer suggestions welcomed.

frank