[V8Vairs] Engine Covers

Ryan Counterman v8vairs@corvair.org
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 19:45:08 -0400

Belive me, I love the thrill of taking the car to a local show or cruise
night and people see the ole radiator in the front, and wonder where to
motor is, only to find it wedged in the back seat.  But if you noticed at
the convention, my car has a rather loud (flowmaster 40s with 3" pipe)
exhaust.  Cruising 70 or 90 for that matter, if I am going more than about
30 minutes I definatly need ear plugs or my ears ring for days...Its
sounding like the fiberglass is out, I may be leaning towards making the
cover out of like 3/4" MDF or plywood and then screwing aluminum or some
other thin metal to the engine side, but having some sort of access on the
top, so everyone can drool over my chromed out waterpumper at car shows.  I
would also like to make the entire cover fairly easy to remove, for larger
shows such as conventions and such...Its no fun if you cant "show em the
goods"

Ryan Counterman