[V8Vairs] Re: v8 cars in print

Rick & Janet Norris v8vairs@corvair.org
Wed, 26 May 2004 16:20:44 -0400

Well Steveo,
I have been working on my V8 Vair and will be again after I attend to the
Email. I swapped the older polished aluminum unit (Yeah, I said unit!) out
for a newer GM small type in chrome. It would not produce a charge and I
suspicion the exciter was not getting "excited". I rubbed it and talked
dirty to it to no avail. I had to install a Painless Wiring plug kit, which
the other one didn't need. If the monsoon rains ever let up I'll road test
it.
It's both fun and painful to look back on any "old" going price for Corvairs
and parts. You always think, If I could go back there with today's
money.....

Rick Norris
First President CORSA 1971
Email rickjanet@charter.net
Web Site http://webpages.charter.net/corvairalley
V8 Vairs Web Site http://www.corvair.org/chapters/v8vairs

> Hello all:  The list has been awfully quiet lately, hopefully that is
because
> everyone is either in the shop working on their cars OR BETTER YET driving
> them.  I was looking through old CORSA COMMUNIQUES for articles on the
Silver