[V8Vairs] options and advice

Ken Campbell v8vairs@corvair.org
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 22:09:36 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Goodman" <rearengine.steve@worldnet.att.net>
To: <v8vairs@corvair.org>
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2004 8:29 PM
Subject: Re: [V8Vairs] options and advice

> Hello Tom:  WOW a post on the v8 list, how novel!!!  I don't believe the
> 700R4 will work, too long, shaft size etc.  I would guess that the 4.3L
with
> the stick would be the easiest and give you the most leg room. > Regards,
Steve
**********
I have 2 v8vairs, one a kitchen table  crushed rock road eating/paint
deficited 350/4 stick and the other a semi-pro 350 Z28/4 stick asphalt
prowler.  If I were to do another, definitely would be about a 3.8 or 4.3
with a turbo, a mild turbo would be just fine ... low gears with the big 350
are just a joke .. there really is such a thing as too much torque .. (g I
lied ) and I really think a middle cube v6 and a turbo would make an auto
box work just about right.... both v8's weigh around 3000 lbs ( ea ), I
would like to lose about 400 of that, and a v6 would be a start ... or a
good beefy straight 4 even ... a T03 will blow 300 ft/lbs, that would make a
good street rig .
just some thoughts ... ken campbell, deltawerkes.