[V8Vairs] Corvette under a 'Vair Front - mid engines

Sadek Charles H DLVA SadekCH at NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Tue Aug 9 09:58:33 EDT 2005

I thought of putting a Corvair body on a wrecked C5 or C6 but the wheel base
is so different, one would need to section or add and then change the
Ackerman geometry... I agree with Seth, a light weight 4 seater C5/6! And if
you want to "Do it right", you can modify the LS1 with Darden sleeves and
big cubic inches kit and have a 427! Furthermore there is a six speed
sequential gearbox used in the racing Corvettes.

Uh, Seth, bring that to the next Racers' Reunion...

Chuck "dreaming again" S

-----Original Message-----
From: Sethracer at aol.com [mailto:Sethracer at aol.com]

I have wondered about using the C5 Corvette transaxle with a front  mounted
motor. (The LS1 is all aluminum, like the Vair!) This might minimize the
floorboard impact - althought there would still be a tunnel - and allow
retaining
the independent rear suspension. A four seat C5 Corvette!   Boy, that would
drive them Crazy!  Eh, Frank?  - Seth  Emerson