[V8Vairs] My first post ever...

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 9 12:35:35 EDT 2005

I notice as  I get on different lists I see a lot of
names I've never heard before.  Pretty cool.

Well, for those of you who don't have any clue who I
am, I'm Ryan Verthein...may recognise the name from me
running for Central BOD.

Anyway...I've become slightly inspired lately, and I
think I want to try the crown conversion in my 65
Corsa.

as it sits right now, none of the transaxle is in the
car...I've got a 110 put together sitting in my garage
though.  waiting on brakes because I'm rebuilding the
whole system.

the whole reason I got into vairs was because of some
pictures I saw of my dads when he did the conversion
on a 66 Monza in the late 70's...

I do have plans right now to buy a 63 Convert that
comes with a nice parts car and lots of parts...so I
will have a Corvair to drive until this other project
is over.

Anyway...I'd just like to hear some thoughts.  I was
guessing at about $4000 for the project....but I don't
really know.,

Thanks guys,
Ryan
65 Corsa Coupe