[V8Vairs] Stainless Steel Cooling Pipes

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Fri Dec 2 22:38:28 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank F Parker" <fparker at umich.edu>

> I used 1.75 in alum tubing in the Northstar Corvair and coupled it with
> cast aluminum bends cut to angle needed and then TIG welded together. Used
> #28 rubber lined ADEL clamps and 10-32 rivnuts on floorpan to hold it in.
> Workded well so far and is quite light tho 20 ft of water is heavy.
>
> regards,
>
> frank
Thanks Frank, also , alum tube powder coats very well, just in case anyone
would feel the need for green metal flake, or day-go  ... or get this ...
frosted aluminum  .. heh heh ...
********
We make a PCoated alum tube product, I prepare it by scuffing it up with 200
grit sandpaper ...

reargards, ken campbell, rear heavy in Iowa ...